We love Malanga Puree. It’s unique and delicious taste can’t be compared with anything else and it’s a nice departure from potato puree for the puree lovers.
- 5 Malanga Blancas (White Malangas)
- Half a stick of butter
- Half a Cup of Cream Cheese.
- Salt to taste
Directions1. Peel the malangas and cut them into 2-inch pieces.
Fill a large pot with water and place the malanga in the pot with water two inches above the malanga.
2. Boil for about 45 minutes until the malanga is soft when you pinch it with a fork.
3. Take the malangas out but do not throw away the water! You are going to need it in a little bit.
4. Use a blender to blend the malanga, butter and cream cheese to a consistency a little thicker than a smoothie, add salt to taste and you are done!