Who doesn't love Mangosteen? Well, Mangosteen Juice takes this delicious fruit to the next level. To be honest, you'd be surprised at how many people don't even know what a Mangosteen is. How sad is that? Luckily, if you are reading this, you know it or are at least curious so here is a quick recipe.
- 4 Mangosteens Chilled in Water
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Ice cubes - optional
1. Cut the lemon into two halves and squeeze the juice out of it, discard seeds, and set aside.
2. Take a mangosteen fruit, insert the knife half-inch into the rind, and slide the knife around the fruit (do not touch the inner fleshy part). Discard the peel and large seeds.
3. Scoop the fleshy white fruit portion and discard the purple-brown colored rind part. Add this white fleshy fruit portion to a blender and blend well until it becomes a smooth fruit paste.
4. Now take a jar, add water sugar and stir well. After the sugar dissolves, add the mangosteen paste and lemon juice (add only half of the lemon juice initially, then taste and add if needed, if you add all the juice at a time and if it becomes very tangy you will have a difficult job in adjusting the flavors) stir well until the juice gets mixed up well.
5. You can add some ice cubes if you wish. Serve!!
So that's it, try it and let us know what you think.